Navratri special: Navratri is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated twice in a year.
In the eastern state of West Bengal, the festival takes the shape of Durga Puja, when the devotees of the deity celebrate the triumph of good over evil.
In north India, Gujarati people observe a seven day fast during Navratri and break their fast on Navami, the nine days of the festival by worship young girls.
People from all over the world celebrate Navratri special with passion, intensity, and enthusiasm. While some people take participate in the celebrations for religious reasons but others look to give their body a much needed lose weight.
If you plan to fast this Navratri special then make sure that it is done the healthy way. It can help you lose weight, wash your mind and will leave you feeling great!
Tips to follow to make fasting in good health –
1. Keep yourself happy, making your cheeks rosy and eyes bright. Drink lots of water max to max 2 litter par day and liquid like lemon water, coconut water, Energy drink, green tea, and buttermilk.
2. Eat minimum meals and do not get hungry yourself. This will help keep blood sugar levels and stop you from feeling faint and low.
3. Amaranth Grain, one of the most promising unexploited food and folder crops. It is the best protein origin you can take during fasting. Make amaranth porridge with milk or cook it as namkeen dalia with lots of vegetables.
4. Combine high carbohydrates food like sabudana and potatoes which is mostly used in fasting with other stringy vegetables like bottle guard spinach, capsicum, tomatoes, cabbage, etc. Also try to roast, grill or bake vegetables instead of deep-frying them.
5. Samak rice is very easy to digest and can be applied in any kind of quantity.
6. Control those evil sugar strong desire by eating a lot of dates, Samak rice kheer, apple kheer, and fruits raita.
7. Try and eat healthy snacking and don’t overeat onnamkeens packets as they are high in salt and fat content.
8. Instead, pick for roasted makhana, a mix of nuts like almonds/ raisins/ walnut / baked chips, roasted peanuts, etc.
9. Change sugar with honey or jaggery.
10. Use skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.